Sunday, March 10, 2013

A Bald Woman's Bad Hair Day

I discovered this morning that it is, indeed, possible to have a bad hair day with no hair. I supposed, technically speaking, it would be a bad head-covering day, but as I tossed hat after scarf after hat after scarf on my bed, I didn't really care what the technical term should be. I was going to church and NOTHING looked right!!! And then the fact that my **** hair won't even actually fall out!! I pull at my peach fuzz and glare in the mirror. I step in the shower and throw fiery darts at the razor sitting there on the ledge taunting me, as if to say: "HaHA! You shaved your head ions ago. You look like a freak, and yet you STILL have to shave those legs! Haha!" Let me tell you something. When I found out I was going to for sure lose my hair, I quickly grasped onto the fact that this would mean no shaving!! WOOT! WOOT! I despise shaving. It takes so much dang time! A man has a small surface, just the face, to shave, but we women have legs that seem to extend into infinity at times as we sit there in the shower, hoping the hot water, or our patience, won't run out before we have obliterated every hairy particle from our extremities. So in comes chemo. Nausea, fatigue, mouth sores, achy bones, low white blood cell count...and NO SHAVING!!!! WOOHOO! That makes it almost worth it!...Almost, I said, but here I sit, day 10, fuzz still on my head and definitely still on my legs and I GLARE. "**** razor!" It's not the razor's fault. He is just fulfilling his duty, but I would love to put him on temporary leave of absence. Come on, already! The doc said I would lose my hair between day 7 and 14. Possibly four more days to go. I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment