Monday, September 23, 2013

In the moment

Sitting on the back porch, sipping a pumpkin spice latte, I am content.  The housekeeper a friend is helping us pay for is cleaning the house so I am forced to be outside. The smell of cleaners gives me severe migraines.
It is beautiful out here. A faint breeze gently blows through the air and rustles the leaves of our now barren peach tree. The plump green oranges on the tree behind me have yet to ripen, but burst with promises of so much sweetness to come. I can hear the faint sound of a leaf blower in the distance and the trickle of my neighbor's pond next door. The occasional cawing of a crow interrupts the stillness and makes me smile.
Down the street, a dog is barking. I have no idea what he is trying to say, but it sounds mighty important to him! I wonder if he cares that no one seems to listen.
Contentment. In the moment. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment