Thursday, April 11, 2013

Good Wishes on Therapeutic Thursday

I just received this free scarf in the mail from Good Wishes Scarves and I LOVE it!! I got to put three different styles that I liked on the request form and they sent me my favorite one! And not only that, they sent me this card with it.


When I opened it up and saw all of the handwritten signatures, I nearly cried. What a beautiful gesture from perfect strangers! Their mission, as per their website, is
to provide free of charge, one beautiful It's a Wrap© or Good Wishes Scarf to anyone experiencing the thinning or loss of hair as a result of illness or treatment. Our goal is to in some small way ease their journey, provide a small bit of comfort and share the power of positive thinking and good wishes with these individuals on their path to healing and recovery.
How beautiful is that?! The kids and I are switching our "Therapeutic Thursday" to "Service Saturday", when we will be serving in a nursing home with some people from Covenant Grove Church. However, we still got to have Therapeutic Thursday, on the receiving end this time! (If you are unfamiliar with what I'm referring to when I talk about Therapeutic Thursday, you can find out all about it here.) What a ray of sunshine it was in my day!
Thank you to all of you at Good Wishes Scarves
. You have blessed me today.

No comments:

Post a Comment