Wednesday, November 20, 2013

A short update

Jason left this morning to go back to Riverside for a week. He'll be back for three days for Thanksgiving, then head back down for a week. While we will definitely miss him, we have really appreciated the flexibility his employer has given him to be home while I recuperated from surgery. I'm not quite 100% yet, but definitely close enough. I went for a very brisk walk this morning and came back without much discomfort, so I know I'm nearing full recovery. Yay! It's only been 9 days since my surgery but it feels like much longer. I've really missed being able to get out there and walk. My ability to exercise or not makes a huge difference in my mental health, so the combination of it getting dark earlier, being in pain and not being able to exercise has made for a gloomy me lately.
My transition to life without Facebook has been interesting. I had definitely turned it into a lifestyle! I often think of life occurrences in terms of Facebook posts, so it's a little odd not to have "someone" to share every little detail of my day with, but at the same time, I'm finding myself sharing the more amusing details with actual individuals, which prompts a dialogue, which makes it more interesting than a mere post on Facebook that gets a few thumbs up a few hours down the road. It's definitely a different way of doing life and it takes some adjusting, but it's good for me, at least for now.
Speaking of transitions, I'm looking forward to entering the work force again. I have too much of a love for people to be at home alone for hours on end. I need to be out and about, doing something with myself. Because we have a trip to Oregon coming up in a month, I am going to wait until January to begin employment, but I'm starting to put feelers out now, so if anyone knows of a need for a server, hostess, cashier, or front office person, give me a holler.
That about does it for today's update. I will leave you with the verse that stuck out to me in my reading this morning:

"Wait patiently for the Lord. Be brave and courageous. Yes, wait patiently for the Lord." Psalms 27:14 NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment